Sunday, February 25, 2007

Global Warming - Simple IDEAs

In my previous post about Global Warming my friend Karthick (karthickkk.blogspot.com) came up with a simple but noble suggestion on stopping/copntrolling Global Warming. He suggested to gift plants/samplings on ccassions instead of other artices, which will help build greenery and bring an awareness among people.

In accordance with that I read am article in Hindu dated Feb 24 2007 BRIGHT IDEA - Switching the ligt bulbs. Though it was a small last page article it sounded very important/interesting to me. The concept is very simple - switch to flourescetbulbs (CFL) from conventional light bulbs. What significant difference this is going to bring in to control Global Warming? Very Simple the articlesays 450 pounds of greenhouse gases (if you convert from 60 watt incandescent bulb to 13 watt CFL Bulb) can be stopped by this conversion.

It sounded WOW to me. After I finished reading this article I immediately planned on HOw can I help stop Global Warming? First I wrote this artice to voice y view and create awareness. Second: I went to the nearest electrical shop and bought 6 CFL bulbs and replaced all incadescent bulbs to CFL in my house.Now I am proud that I could stop 6X450 pounds of green house gases.

Very smal, very Simple but very noble two ideasI did my part what should you do? Two things First: Voice your views here Two: Go replace all your incndescent bulb to CFL ones.

Reference: The Hindu, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_fluorescent_lamp

2 comments:

karthick said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
karthick said...

Thought provoking article Maran. Not just being a man of words your becoming a man of action too. Kudos!!!. It is only little drops of water that make an ocean. A small beginning, I hope if carried out to by all would result in a bigger revolution. I am also off to the shop to buy the CFL Bulbs, Maran would you lend me some money.. Kidding.
This is serious issue, Issue that involves our existence. Invest for the future by what Maran has done to his house.
After all Charity begins at Home.