Friday, February 9, 2007

Beware of contaminated food!!!

One year back I was having dinner in a north Indian restaurant based in Anna Nagar, Chennai. I ordered chicken and some roti's. It was served and I started having it. I discovered some stink in the food I was having and found that its coming from the Chicken. I stopped eating took the chicken and was shocked to see it decayed. I became furious and shouted and spoke to the manager who was cool enuf to say we will replace it. I took proper medication after that.
 
Recently I went to fish market and bought one kilo of fish. I had it cleaned and cut near the shop I purchased. I had little doubt on the quality but that guy managed to convince me. I took it home and had a closer look. It was stinking and could feel its rotten. I took it back and he replaced it with some fresh fish.
 
Last week, I bought chicken from a shop near Kilpauk Garden. I asked for chicken legs and was told by my sister that it is decaed chicken. Again fought with the guy and replaced it.
 
Once opposite to Railway Station there is a hotel which is a look alike of a famous hotel chain (actually it is not). My wife saw a buch of hair in her food.
 
Today I saw some newspaper flashing news about contaminated non veg stuff in Chennai. I sat and thought for a while and remembered all these incidents. I am a regular non veg eater at hotels. I dunno how many time I had contaminated stuff without noticing.
 
My advice to you all is. Please avoid non veg food from hotels coz you cannot trust anyone these days and if you buy fresh meat please examine the meat in the shop and if you have any doubts better do not buy from there. Also, Please make sure that you comment on the stuff to the Manager/Owner of that hotel/shop. Enjoy Healthy Food!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very true Maran!These days not only roadside fast foods cannot be trusted but also large chain of restaurents be trusted on quality of the food they provide.Why even Governments cannot be trusted on the quality of consumables they offer!I mean the adulterated milk supplied to the people of Mumbai for daily consumption by the Government.

It is high time people are aware of these contaminated foods that are sold in fresh packages and taught to distinguish the good and the bad.