Thursday, February 8, 2007

Wise Investment

I was always against getting committed on a long term loan. So I never thought of buying a flat. Couple of years ago my wife was forcing me to buy a house and I was reluctant. Just to keep her happy I pretended to be searching for a flat. I went all around the city looking for good apartments/flats. After 6 months of search I learnt that an apartment is being built near the place I stayed. Though I was not very keen my wife forced me to pay an advance for this flat after which all the bank process were done and I became owner of a house. Slowly I started realising what I have done?
 
I was staying in a rented house and my house rent went up by 10% per year. My rent would have easily reached my current EMI within few years moreover I am happily staying in my own house. The value of my flat is growing at a rapid pace owing to the recent real estate boom and now it has grown manifolds from the rate I purchased my flat. Then I went on to buy a car and other luxury items which I thought of buying before buying this flat. Now I realize that house is something that one should buy before buying anything and it is wise, wiser and wisest investment one can do both monetarily and sentimentally.
 
If you have not made this wise investment. Do not wait for anything, goahead and do it first.
 
 

1 comment:

karthick said...

Certain thing come easy in life, for certain thing even if you toil hard the benfits come at it own pace. Lucky you maran and i would definitely agree it is the wise investment that you have made. By looking at the real estate price soaring high i believe that for me to afford an apartment would be far away form the city.So this investment itself becomes a burden. Sure i have to ponder on this to buy a house being a life time investment im taking my time. good topic though ......